I love peanut butter. I also love chocolate. This is the best of both worlds in one cookie! I have enjoyed making Ourbestbites.com’s Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies, and will make them again, but I think that rolling the cookies in sugar, and then adding the frosting, is a bit overkill for my personal taste. I love sweet, but they are really sweet. Perhaps it’s a good thing because then I don’t eat too many. My sister, who told me about ourbestbites.com, also told me about melskitchencafe.com, another great cooking website. On this website I found my new favorite Peanut Butter cookie recipe. With both recipes I cut them in half because I honestly do not need 4-5 dozen peanut butter cookies. So here is the recipe, cut in half.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 C. smooth peanut butter
3/4 C. firmly packed dark brown sugar (I’m never a fan of light brown sugar)
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 Tbs. milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. chocolate chips (or combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Beat together butter and peanut butter.
- Sift together the flour, soda, powder, and salt.
- Add sugar to the mixer and continue to beat with the butter and peanut butter. Add the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture, stopping before fully mixed. Add in the chocolate chips and finish mixing.
- Put onto baking sheet and bake 11 minutes. They will puff up so I took them out of the oven after 11 minutes, when they are lightly browned and look done, and lightly press down the tops of the cookies, and bake for another 1-2 minutes to finish cooking the inside.
- Cool on the rack and enjoy!