Our new Sunday dinner tradition has shifted from waffles to pancakes. I love both but these blueberry pancakes are delicious and have been on my mind lately. I found this recipe in a Southern Living magazine and it is the best recipe for pancakes I have ever found. They are called Pam-Cakes after the creator of this recipe. I have adapted it slightly for our needs.
The Best Pancakes
1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 3/4 C. milk + 1/4 c. capfuls white distilled vinegar (to make buttermilk)
2 large eggs
1/4 C. butter, melted
- Make buttermilk. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add eggs to buttermilk. Melt the butter.
- Whisk the buttermilk-egg mixture into flour mixture. Once blended together whisk in melted butter, making sure to whip air bubbles into the batter to make the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Add blueberries to each pancake as desired. My husband likes to make our daughter her own Mickey Mouse pancake, making the face with blueberries.