My husband and I love eating Idaho potato skins. Cooked, of course, though he has eaten a raw potato. He was an Idaho boy, what else can I say? I never realized that the skin could be so delicious. I just thought it was the rough exterior that you have break through to get to a yummy interior. But it’s not! So here is how I make my skins delicious.
Idaho (russet) potatoes
lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
- Scrub the potatoes under running water. Then take a knife and clean off the bad spots and any little eyes.
- I like to line my pan with aluminum foil. Easy clean up is always a plus!
- Slice a slit in the middle of each potato going down into the middle.
- Rub the potatoes with evoo in a generous drizzle, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Bake until the inside is easily pierced with a fork, about 45-60 minutes.