Crepes are really yummy. Really and truly they are. My husband introduced them to me, and made them for me from his mother’s recipe when we were first married. We had friends from college who came over to our small apartment and ate crepes with us that he made. They still talk about them. I have yet to try out the savory version, but I adore a sweet crepe. Eventually I will branch out and try more things on top of my crepes. Right now, though, I stick with what I love.
1 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 C. milk
3 large eggs
2 Tbs. melted butter
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- Whisk in milk, then 3 eggs.
- Add melted butter at the end.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Pour in a small amount,using a 1/4 C. measuring cup, making sure to coat the pan, and not make the batter thick.
- Flip after a few minutes, when it is lightly browned, and cook the other side. My husband will flip it again to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Then eat and enjoy any way you want. My favorite way is with lemon juice, and powdered sugar. I added fresh strawberries today, but you can eat them sweet or savory!
Adapted from Melskitchencafe.com.