My daughter wanted me to make her some cookies. I found a recipe for Snickerdoodles I wanted to try, but I gave her the choice between those and these Blonde Mint Chip cookies that I made up with the help of the basic Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. She chose these cookies and she was right, they are good!
Blonde Mint Chip Cookies
2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter (1 stick)
1/2 C. lard
3/4 C. granulated sugar
3/4 C. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. mint extract (optional)
2 large eggs
2 C. Andes Mint Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Beat the butter and lard together.
- Sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Gradually add the sugar. Then beat in the extract and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients, and the mint chips.
- Cook on parchment paper lined sheet for 9-11 minutes. They hold together and taste a bit better (in my opinion) lightly browned on the top. So until the last batch I cooked them on the longer side.
Adapted from the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies recipe.