This dish was modified from the paper around the can of Campbell’s cream of chicken soup and transformed from an appetizer into a main dish. An easy weeknight meal that is hearty and filling. Besides who doesn’t love cheesy vegetables?
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
2 large heads of broccoli (approx. 1 lb.), cut into pieces and steamed
1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
1 C. white rice, cooked
1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
2 C. cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 C. bread crumbs
1/4 C. butter, melted
- Cooked Chicken: It can be grilled whole and then cut, or cut into pieces raw and then cooked on the stovetop in butter with McCormick’s Roasted Garlic seasoning.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the milk and cream of chicken soup together.
- Add in broccoli, chicken, rice, and 1 C. cheese.
- Pour into 13 x 9 greased casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and then the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the topping is browned and casserole is bubbly.