The April 2012 issue of Southern Living had a culinary section devoted to strawberries. Of course it was in April when here in the North-East strawberries are not quite in season yet. So I waited until strawberry picking season came, and then remembered, when looking at the 6 quarts of berries we had just picked from a beautiful farm in the country, that I really wanted to try a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Muffins. I adapted it, I made them, and I love them! Let me know what you think.
2 1/2 C. all purpose flour
3 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. sugar
3/4 C. sour cream
1/2 C. butter, melted
1/4 C. lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 C. strawberries, quartered when measured, then processed until slightly chunky
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Then whisk in the sour cream and 2 eggs.
- Mix wet ingredients with the dry until the batter is moist with no dry spots.
- Stir processed strawberries into the batter.
- Fill the papers in the muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.