Practically any recipe with lemon in it I am crazy for. I love lemons! So obviously this pie is a no-brainer. It’s the only blueberry pie recipe that I have come across that did not call for cornstarch and the berries to be cooked before putting into the pie shell. My father even said that this was the best blueberry pie he has ever had because it was not too sweet. I did cut back on the sugar a little bit. I found this pie had the perfect amount of sweetness, though it could have possibly used a little more lemon. 🙂 Someday I’ll get fancy and try making a lattice top out of the crust.
Double crust for 9″ pie shell
4 C. fresh blueberries
3/4 C. granulated sugar
1/3 C. all-purpose flour
3-4 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°.
- Mix the blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt. Pour into pastry-lined 9″ pie shell.
- Dot the butter across the top of the blueberry mixture.
- Roll out the top pie crust and place on top. Crimp the edges down, and make air vents in the dough.
- Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the blueberry mix is bubbly. My edge crust got very dark before the middle cooked, so I would suggest covering the edges to prevent over browning.