I find that the more that I bake the more comfortable I have become in adjusting recipes to my tastes. I found a recipe on Pinterest for Peanut Butter Banana Bread, but was not crazy for her recipe, so I decided to make my own. It is so good! I am going to make this one again, for sure. Make it, it will not disappoint you, even if you do not get everything you listed in your letter to Santa Claus.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter
2 Tbs. sour cream
1/3 C. creamy peanut butter
1 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 ripe bananas, mushed, aprox. 1 1/2 C.
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, sour cream, and peanut butter. Add in the sugar and cream until fluffy, followed by the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Add into the mixer, alternating with the bananas, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Once everything is incorporated mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans, or 1 loaf pan and some muffins. The batter should reach halfway up the pan. I found that it fully cooks the inside and does not brown too much on the outside when they are not as full. Muffins would be another great way to use this batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.